Saturday, November 12, 2011

11/11/11 my birthday...

APEC is in town and everything is a little strange around Honolulu.  Everyone seems to be avoiding the roads and anywhere near Waikiki or Ala Moana.  I actually had anxiety about doing anything for my birthday because of the massive conference.  Who knew all these world leaders were planning to be here for my birthday! Despite road closures, it actually turned out to be a great day.  We had lunch at Big City Diner Ward with my sister, mom, niece and nephew.    

Then it was time for a haircut right across the street at Jsalon.  Love getting pampered on my birthday.    
Hung out with the family a bit more and picked up a few cupcakes from Cake Couture in Aina Haina.  
The red velvet is always a favorite of mine.   We also decided to try the cinnamon toast flavor.  It tasted exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.  I highly recommend both. 
Cake Couture
Aina Haina Shopping Center
820 West Hind Drive #104
Honolulu, HI 96821
808.373.9750


Bruce and I had dinner at Chef Mavro.  This was our first time there and it was amazing!  I think I've found my new favorite restaurant.  We may have to make this an annual tradition.  We had the 4 course meal with wine pairings.  I had to switch out the pork for the lobster risotto.  That was actually my favorite dish of the evening.  Service was excellent and the restaurant was beautiful, too. 



The 3 different malasadas with vanilla ice cream was delicious. 
Chef Mavro
1969 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96826
Phone # 808.944.4714
: chefmavro.com

I am so happy to have the rest of the weekend to relax, avoid APEC traffic and hang out with Bear and Bruce.  So grateful to have had the last year on this planet and looking forward to making this upcoming year even better than last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment