Friday, June 22, 2012

NYC: Day 1; Wednesday 6/6/12

Hawaiian Air had its' inaugural flight to JFK on June 4th.  Our flight to the Big Apple left the very next day.  We had been planning this trip since the route was announced at the end of 2011.  After a long but comfortable flight, we landed bright and early the next day in New York.  We were exhausted, but the excitement of being in the city kept us all awake.  Here are the sights between JFK and Hells Kitchen.


Stayed at the uber-modern and stylish Yotel for the first night.  Found this interesting guy in the lobby.
Without much rest, it was time to head out to Broadway for our matinee of Jersey Boys.  The show was awesome!  Frankie Valli was definitely before my time, but the performers and iconic songs kept me moving to the music the whole time. 
Here's me and my mommy before the show. 



After the show, we met up with my sister, her mother in-law, and my niece, for dinner at 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen.  Check out my lovely veggie burger and fries. 
 Right around the corner was Schmackary's, a small but busy cookie shop. 

 I'm a sucker for anything red velvet, so I got the red velvet cookie.  It was delicious!!!

When we stepped outside, it was pouring rain.  We ran back to the hotel and turned in for the night, as we really hadn't slept the night before on the airplane.
Amazing start to a fun trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment